Yesterday, I shared a great conversation on employer branding with people in charge of various organisations. Yet again, I see the ripple effects and how social media connects or splits people. As always, I would like to start by focusing on the positive possibilities for a brand to grow, to become more social.
- Writing a blog as a CEO instead of a formated weekly newsletter might increase the comments and interaction with co-workers. And the same blog could also be used to share the personalized corporate daily story to both customers and future employees.
- The things we say and claim we will do must be true. They should of course be tied to the company core values. It is easily checked if a line is said for the sole purpose of marketing. The more personality we mix in the message the better.
- Taking the time to really listen, asking questions and sharing information builds trust.
I will share two videos for inspiration.
1) To get your thoughts going on how you communicate and relate from Kate Hartman:
2) My all time favorite Simon Sinek on “How great leaders aim to inspire”